- Complete FBI Application Form
- Schedule Appointment for Fingerprints Card
- Mail the required items listed above—signed FBI application form, fingerprint card, and payment of $18 U.S. dollars for each person or copy requested—to the following address:
FBI CJIS Division – Summary Request
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV 26306
Phone: (304) 625-2000
What is an FBI Criminal History Report?
A FBI Criminal History Report summarizes felony criminal arrest and conviction records submitted from all 50 states and the District of Columbia to the FBI. This service is provided in accordance with U.S. Departmental Order 556-73. The Departmental Order states that an individual may obtain a copy of his/her FBI criminal identification record, upon request, for review and correction purposes, to challenge the information on record, and other court-related matters.
Reason for obtaining an FBI Criminal History Report.
- To verify your information is accurate
- To review in advance of an agency or employer who may conduct a background search on you.
- To request a correction if information is inaccurate
- To satisfy a requirements for adopting a child in the United States or internationally
- To satisfy a requirement to live, work or travel in a foreign country [/list]
I’ve never been arrested. Why would I need an FBI Criminal History Report?
Criminal Identity theft is the fastest growing crime in the U.S. Make sure someone else isn’t your identity.
How do I obtain an FBI Criminal History Report?
This report can be requested by completing the FBI application request form along with submitting fingerprints fingerprint cards taken by KENTECH. Our location is staffed with professionally trained technicians using highly secure and state-of-the-art technology to ensure that you receive the best quality service.
What if there are erroneous items in my FBI Criminal History Report?
FBI’s website provides a page with information on what to do if you believe your Identity History Summary contains inaccurate or incomplete information.